Category Archives: 渡僧桥
TOP 10 RULES TO WRITE BY
- DO strive for depth rather than breadth: narrow your focus to one or two themes, ideas, or experiences.
- DO tell the reader what no other applicant will honestly be able to say.
- DO provide the reader with insight into what drives you – i.e., what make you “tick.”
- DO be yourself rather than pretending to be the “ideal” applicant.
- DO get creative and imaginative, particularly in your opening remarks.
- DO address the particular school’s unique features that attract you.
- DO focus on the affirmative in the personal statement itself; consider an addendum to explain deficiencies or blemishes.
- DO evaluate your experiences rather than merely recounting them.
- DO enlist others to proofread your essay for grammar, syntax, punctuation, word usage, and style.
- DO use a highly readable typeface with conventional spacing and margins (on paper-based applications). Read the rest of this entry